Coach's Salsa earmarks a percentage of its annual sales revenue to provide college scholarships for graduating high school seniors. Coach's Scholarships are available to any senior attending a high school in the United States that meets the criteria as outlined below and wishes to continue their education at the collegiate level.
Each Coach's Salsa scholarship recipient will receive a minimum of $100. Coach's Salsa also tries to award more than one scholarship annually. Applicants should remember that Coach's Salsa scholarships are based on gross annual sales thus they will typically be larger than the $100 minimum.
1. Application deadline; May 1 annually.
2. There is NO minimum GPA.
3. Financial need will be considered.
4. Students ability to overcome adversity will be considered.
5. Student must graduate from a U.S. high school the year of application (apply 2017, grad. 2017).
6. Student must have participated in one or more school based extra or co-curricular programs while in high school (applicants participating in multiple programs over multiple years preferred).
7. Student must complete and submit an application resume' per the instructions below.
STEP 1: Complete your application
A. Complete a "resume' style" application.
B. Your resume should include the following information:
1) Name, Address, Telephone & Email.
2) High School Graduating From, College Attending & Program Major.
3) 1-3 paragraphs on each of the following topics;
(Please write the topic as the heading of each set of new information)
ADVERSITY - Talk about how you have overcome adversity in 1-3 paragraphs.
FINANCIAL NEED - Talk about your financial need in 1-3 paragraphs.
EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES - Talk about your participation in 1-3 paragraphs.
SUCCESSFUL STUDENT - Talk about what academic skills you possess that you believe will make you a successful collegian in 1-3 paragraphs.
FUTURE PLANS - Talk about your dream job and how college will prepare you in 1-3 paragraphs.
STEP 2: Letters of Recommendation
A. Collect three letters of recommendation from the following;
1. Someone that led a high school based extracurricular program you were involved in.
2. A teacher at your high school.
3. A staff member at your high school that is not a teacher.
STEP 3: Submission
A. Submit your resume and letters of recommendation to your school guidance counselor.
B. Your counselor will review and submit your application electronically.
C. Counselors please submit electronically to email@example.com
D. Questions? Call 503-798-8670 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A. Recipients of our scholarships will be notified by their high school guidance counselor at or before your schools awards recognition ceremony.
B. Payment of the scholarship will occur during the first year of college enrollment.